June . 11 . 2012
Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Permanent Full Time position
Since its inception in 1989, The East Coast Music Association (ECMA) has been a regional collaboration of people in the music industry. The ECMA is a registered non-profit association whose mission to foster, develop, promote and celebrate East Coast Music and its artists locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. The annual ECMA Music Week Event has become a national and international event. The components of this event have evolved to become the most comprehensive and exciting music event in Atlantic Canada.
The East Coast Music Association is currently searching for an energetic leader to fill the role of Marketing & Communications Manager. The incumbent should be passionate about East Coast music, its marketing and communications, be results driven, resourceful and posses a creative flair. The Marketing & Communications Manager should be an effective communicator, relationship builder and be an excellent planner and coordinator.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is a busy position; it coordinates all marketing and communications areas for the ECMA and is responsible directly for:
• Lead the development of all marketing, promotional, and advertising plans for the ECMA.
• Conduct all public and media relations activities for all of the ECMA’s presentations throughout the year.
• Act as the first point of contact within the ECMA and manage most written, phone and e-mail correspondence for the organization in general.
• Develop the content for the various marketing and promotional initiatives that are undertaken by the ECMA.
• Act as lead content and advertising manager for the ECMA Week program guide and the ecma.com website.
• Promote the ECMA by developing relationships with the interested public, with members of post-secondary institutions, and with ECMA members.
• Establish and maintain physical and digital archival processes for the various notable records of the ECMA’s activities
The salary range for this position is: $38,000 to $45,000
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Scott Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Friday June 15, 2012. Thank you in advance for your interest in the East Cost Music Association (ECMA). Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.