ECMA 2020 AWARDS & SHOWCASING
SUBMISSIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
SUBMISSION ELIGIBILITY PERIODS:
Music Awards: June 1, 2018 - October 4, 2019
Showcasing: June 1, 2017 - May 3, 2020
Industry Awards: June 1, 2018 - October 4, 2019
About the Jury Process:
All East Coast Music Awards & Showcases are fully juried by 200+ jury members consisting of qualified regional, national, and international industry professionals. The Jury evaluates the applications and score them accordingly, based on a set criteria / rubric. After being juried, the nominees are chosen based on the 5 highest-scoring submissions per category.
Although most categories have specific criteria, keep in mind the following when filling our your application:
- Artistic Merit / Presentation
- Quality of Recording, Music & Lyrics
- Media, Marketing, and Touring Highlights
- Tour History
- Social Media Presence
- Awards & Accomplishments
What is Export-Ready?
An East Coast artist who has:
- At least one (1) sound recording of any format (physical or digital) of a minimum 6 tracks in length/20 mins. long that has been made commercially available to the general public in Canada; and
- At least one (1) sound recording of any format or duration that has been made commercially available to the general public outside of Canada, or will be made commercially available to the general public outside of Canada within twelve months of the export showcase; or has a tour or showcase in the territory of export upcoming within twelve months of the export showcase; and
- A professional support team including at least one (1) of the following: artist manager, record label, booking agent, publicist, publisher; and
- Public and industry recognition (via radio play, video play, web hits and streams, music press, blogs, awards, etc.)
For questions, or concerns please contact Tara MacDonald, Artist & Industry Manager at email@example.com, 1(902) 423-6770 or 1(800) 513-4953.