Irish Mythen was born in Ireland and now resides in Charlottetown Prince Edward Island Canada.
"This Island creates music and musicians, art and artists. I found a shift to take things more seriously when I moved here." And she did just that. Her latest release, the self titled Irish Mythen, gained her recognition around the globe with nominations and wins coming from Music PEI, East Coast Music Association, Folk Alliance International and Socan. Write-ups in Australian Guitar Magazine, the Rolling Stone, and a plethora of online publications world wide have helped plant Irish firmly on the map of 'Must See Artists'.
Irish has three full-length albums and two EPs to her name.
She has just released her new Album 'Little Bones'
- Concert at the Sydney Opera House 2018
- Australian Tour with Melissa Etheridge 2017
- Saturday night main stage Bluesfest in Australia 2016, 2017 and 2019
- Closing the Philadelphia Folk festival 2016
- Winner of Roots Album of the year East Coast Music Awards 2016
- Nominated for international folk artist of the year by FAI 2017
- 5 Tours of Australia with appearances in Rolling Stone Magazine and Australian Guitar Magazine
They Said about Irish
I had no idea what to expect when this five foot nothing lady took the stage, all smiles and twinkling eyes and guitar. Then, she opened her mouth and out flew a voice that came straight from the Heavens with all the power and the glory and the truth of someone destined to be a singer. I’ve been blessed with seeing and hearing a lot of talented musicians in my life, but I have never experienced anyone quite like Irish Mythen. She is a force of nature and a gift from Almighty Herself. ~ Lisa Schwartz, Philadelphia Folk Festival
I was amazed at your ability to hold such a massive crowd as if it were a tiny one. ~ Dougie MacLean, Artist
By vote, the three most requested artists to return to Mariposa Folk Festival have been 1) Joni 2) Gordon, and 3) Irish Mythen ~ Mike Hill, AD Mariposa Folk Festival