DEADLINE - MARCH 13, 2017
The 15th Annual BreakOut West (BOW) music conference, festival and awards will be hosted in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) from September 13-17 2017. BreakOut West is the primary event hosted by the Western Canadian Music Alliance, an organization that brings together the Industry Association member artists and industry of the six provinces and territories in Western Canada (Manitoba Music, SaskMusic, Alberta Music, MusicBC, Music Yukon, Music NWT).
BreakOut West is the largest music industry event in Western Canada, featuring 60 showcases, 25+ conference sessions, workshops and keynotes, 450+ one-on-one meetings and countless networking opportunities over four days. BreakOut West brings together national and international industry to connect, network and get business done, with the goal of elevating the careers of the artists and industry in attendance.
Celebrating its 13th edition, BOW 2017 International Export Buyers Program will welcome more than 30 international talent buyers, booking agents, promoters, festivals, event programmers, publishers, music placement supervisors and media from around the world, in addition to the 80+ Canadian industry in attendance.
Attended by more than 600 conference delegates, BreakOut West’s manageable size allows for real connections to occur and the focus on networking and intimate meetings creates the atmosphere for results. This continues to be a complement of the event year to year.
BreakOut West and the East Coast Music Association (ECMA) are pleased to announce an exciting new business exchange partnership with the launch of the East Meets West collaborative initiative. This new partnership is designed to offer reciprocal business and showcasing opportunities at BOW and at the East Coast Music Awards: Festival and Conference.
The first ever East Meets West collaborative initiative will welcome two Atlantic Canadian artists/ groups to BOW 2017. Export-ready artists of all genres are encouraged to submit. Open to ECMA members only.
Select artists must demonstrate they are export-ready and/or have exporting experience and the ability and team to maximize on this showcase opportunity. The initiative includes showcase opportunities at BOW and ECMA, songwriting collaborations and touring exchanges between the two markets.
1. Artists’ work should be rooted in the folk, world, acoustic, roots, indie pop or rock genres.
2. Artists must demonstrate a track record of touring experience in Atlantic Canada and or in national markets.
3. Artists must be able to demonstrate the ability to maximize the promotional opportunities eg. strong web and social networking presence, credible mailing lists, promotional product for the event, EPK/Live footage available.
4. Artists must be able to articulate their rationale for applying and relevance to their career goals.
5. Artists must have a dedicated representative working for them in attendance or provide details of an exemplary history of self-management.
6. Artists must be willing to undertake press interviews and promotional activities as required.
7. Selected artists will be responsible for seeking funding assistance to assist with travel, flights, accommodations, per diem, marketing materials, etc.
8. Artists must be willing to participate in the East Meets West collaboration program (a collaboration of ECMA and WCMA); this program may include tour exchanges, songwriting collaborations and is an incentive to promote artists across the country.