BECOME AN ECMA JUROR
Each year, the East Coast Music Association (ECMA) solicits help from its membership and industry professionals on a regional, national and international level to build its roster of qualified musicians and industry professionals who act as jurors.
ECMA jurors review submissions for our various awards categories and/or showcase opportunities offered during the ECMAs .
- This is a volunteer position; however you will be compensated for your time and efforts with one (1) ECMA 2021 Festival & Conference Pass for yourself (transferable and valued at approx. $100) and one (1) ticket to the East Coast Music Awards Show (valued at approx. $45).
- Jurors may be asked to provide their feedback (if any) to Artists regarding the evaluation of their submission. Confidentiality will remain in place. If an Artist asks for this jury feedback, ECMA will provide the Artist with the Juror comments that were entered in their submission evaluation form. Juror names will not be disclosed to the Artist.
- ECMA Jurors are selected annually based on applicable expertise and experience. The jury process takes place each fall.
ECMA Award & Showcasing Applications Close: October 23rd at 5PM ADT
Jury Recruitment & Applications: October 8 - November 3, 2020
Jury Assigned Categories: November 16-18, 2020
Jurying Completed: December 11, 2020
NEW This Year:
ECMA has launched a new program for applications and the jury process, Award Stage allows for a more enjoyable jurying experience. The new platform is intuitive and seamlessly allows jurors quick and easy access to all the content required to effectively score the submission.
- Track your progress
- View applications in carousel mode
- Start and save your reviews
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the jury application / process, please contact Jess de Domenico, Membership Manager, at email@example.com.
About the Awards:
The ECMA Music Awards are presented annually and represent up to 50 cross-over, genre-based and fans’ choice categories. Voting for the Fans’ Choice Awards (Entertainer of the Year and Video of the Year) are open to a public vote.
The ECMA Industry Awards recognize the achievements and contributions of our industry professionals and leaders from across Atlantic Canada for the 2020-2021 year. These awards recognize and celebrate the people and companies who are working to build a strong and vibrant East Coast music industry. These awards are fully juried categories and are not open to member or public vote.
ECMA Showcasing allows Atlantic Canadian acts the opportunity to perform for a target audience of influential industry members that can include label representatives, talent buyers, managers and media, as well as excited music fans.