Title: Community Sponsorship Coordinator
Duration: 17 weeks (January 28, 2019 to May 24, 2019)
Contract Fee: $8,500.00 + commission
The East Coast Music Association is currently seeking an event Community Sponsorship Coordinator for the 2019 East Coast Music Awards: Festival & Conference located in Charlottetown, PE from May 1-5th. The successful candidate will be based in Charlottetown and will report directly to the Brand & Community Manager. Together they will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and sponsorship sales strategy for the event, and develop strategies to meet sales targets.
Under the direct supervision of the Brand & Community Manager (Halifax) this Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating a variety of marketing, sponsorship and sales duties.
- Prospect and sell Award Show tables for the 2019 ECMA Award Show(s).
- Prospect and sell sponsorships at the Bronze and Community Partner levels (<$5000)
- Prospect industry partners for host hotel activations
- Prospect ECMA award winner gift bag items
- Acquire promotional opportunities including product placement and additional activation, working in conjunction with the Marketing and Sponsorship teams.
- Procure red carpet activations, VIP table decor & supplies for the 2019 Awards Show on May 2nd, 2019.
- Assist in on-the-ground and creative marketing initiatives within the Charlottetown market including facilitating partnerships with local businesses and assisting in promotion prior to the event including posterign, social media and other.
- Work with local Discover Charlottetown and the Downtown Charlottetown Inc. to on-board local businesses to participate in the 2019 storefront pageantry contest.
- Assist in the placement of signage, postering, event guide distribution and pageantry plans both prior to and during the event.
- Assist Brand & Community Manager with social media and event guide distribution throughout event
- Lead the Sponsorship Volunteer Team in collaboration with the Brand & Community Manager
- Coordination of sponsor signage and branding throughout the event
- Return sponsor signage and branding following the event
- Completion of 2019 report
- Strong sales skills
- Strong computer skills (including Google Apps, Dropbox, Spreadsheets)
- Strong communication skills
- Social media & marketing skills
- Experience writing and editing content
- Project management experience an asset
- Budget management skills
- Experience with other cultural events an asset
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience managing volunteers
- Degree in marketing-related field is an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Applicants must be able to work from home.
- Individual must be self-directed.
- Must have reliable transportation to attend various meetings throughout Charlottetown, PE.
- Must be willing to work flexible/late hours including evenings and weekends, particularly during the East Coast Music Awards (May 1-5, 2019).
Interested individuals can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to Anastasia Smallwood by email@example.com. Applications must be received by 5:00pm AST, January 16, 2019. Only individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-423-6770 ext 230 and speak with Anastasia.