*DEADLINE EXTENDED to February 15, 2019 at 5pm AST. Only individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.*
2019 East Coast Music Awards: Festival & Conference - Charlottetown, PE
Title: Volunteer Outreach Coordinator
Duration: February to May 2019
Employer: East Coast Music Association
Time Commitment: P/T as required to complete duties; Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, particularly during the East Coast Music Awards event (May 1-5, 2019).
Contract Fee: $3,000.00
The successful candidate will be responsible for recruiting volunteers for ECMA 2019 Charlottetown. PEI. The ECMA is supported each year by 400+ volunteers, and the Coordinator will develop a recruitment plan to raise awareness and engage the local community to fulfill a diverse set of roles to help deliver this Festival. This position is based in Prince Edward Island.
The successful candidate will be based in Charlottetown and will report directly to the Volunteer Coordinator and requires communication with all staff to ensure an understanding of skills and requirements required for each department & volunteer roles. Diplomacy and patience will be required.
- Develop a recruitment strategy to engage 400+ volunteers for ECMA 2019.
- Raise awareness and engage the community by organizing volunteer rallies, engaging other volunteer organizations and community groups from the Charlottetown area.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to determine specific areas of volunteer expertise and recruit accordingly.
- Work in the Event office to manage volunteer general and specific inquiries, including assistance with volunteer database software.
- Support the Event Office to aid with public inquiries.
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator on-site to assist with volunteer training, rescheduling and overall management, as required.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to coordinate food and beverage needs for volunteer centre, off-site venues, Volunteer Thank You Party, working within budget and with designated partners.
- Set priorities and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Work in cooperation with other event office staff and event committee members
- Performing other duties as may be required by the ECMA Management team
- Provide input to Volunteer Coordinator regarding observations and recommendations for future ECMA events.
- Knowledgeable in working with large groups of volunteers and understand the dynamics of working with volunteers
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet & database knowledge
- Knowledge of Better Impact volunteer management Software as asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional and efficient phone & email management skills.
- Project management experience an asset
- Public speaking experience would be an asset
- Experience with other cultural events an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Must be willing to work/flexible/late hours including evenings and weekends, particularly during the East Coast Music Awards & Conference (May 1-5, 2019).
Interested individuals can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to the following address email@example.com. DEADLINE EXTENDED to February 15, 2019 at 5pm AST. Only individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.