ECMA Partner Stage Program
The East Coast Music Awards: Festival and Conference (ECMA) is a five-day, non-stop musical celebration showcasing and recognizing the best of East Coast artists and music.
ECMA events and shows are held at a number of official venues, but the music doesn't stop there! Our Partner Stage Program offers local businesses in the host city the chance to join in on the fun by becoming an official ECMA Partner Stage and programming live music during the ECMA Festival and Conference!
Partner Stages receive a list of ECMA-approved artists ready to be booked and marketing support for their show(s), as well as the opportunity to be a part of Atlantic Canada's biggest celebration of East Coast music.
Interested In Becoming a 2023 Partner Stage?
The 2023 East Coast Music Awards: Festival & Conference is being held May 3 - 7, 2023 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
If you are a business in HRM or elsewhere in NS, and are interested in becoming a 2023 Partner Stage venue, reach out to us today for more information!
The deadline to apply to be a Partner Stage is April 15th, 2023.
PARTNER STAGE BENEFITS
- Listing in the ECMA Digital Event Guide and the official ECMA mobile app
- An official ECMA Partner Stage Logo to use on promotional materials
- A list of ECMA-approved musical acts ready to be programmed
- Inclusion in the digital and social media marketing campaign for the Partner Stage Program
PARTNER STAGE COST
- A fee of $250 to be named an official Partner Stage
- Performance fees for the band or artist that your venue chooses to book
Businesses located in Downtown Halifax may be eligible to have these costs at least partially subsidized by the Downtown Halifax Business Commission; click here for more details
WHAT IS THE PARTNER STAGE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Programming their own shows during the ECMA festival with artists from the approved list
- Receiving approval for any artists not on the provided list (for approval, contact Anthony Carew, Membership & Special Projects Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cover all costs of production, artist fees (approved rates) and any other fees relating to the performance of the artist at the Venue
- Carrying ECMA promotional materials (poster, link to digital program guide) in their business, beginning in April and throughout the Festival
- Ensuring all required information is sent to ECMA by the specified due date
WHAT IS ECMA RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Providing Partner Stages with relevant information and materials
- Listing and promoting the Partner Stage program as part of the festival campaign
- Keeping lines of communication open with Partner Stages to ensure all parties have what they need
Downtown Halifax Business Commission's ECMA Partner Stage Grant
Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC) is offering a grant program to all Downtown Halifax businesses that become an official 2023 ECMA Partner Stage.
The ECMA Partner Stage Grant will help Downtown businesses subsidize the cost to become an official 2023 ECMA Partner Stage and the cost of a performance by an ECMA-approved artist with a one-time grant of up to $500.00 (excluding tax).
Successful Downtown applicants will be referred to DHBC for more information after they have been awarded official Partner Stage designation. For more information about the ECMA Partnership Grant, click here or contact Allana MacDonald Mills, email@example.com.