Title: Marketing and Ad Sales Coordinator - East Coast Music Week (ECMW) - Sydney
Duration: 14 weeks (January-April 2016)
Contract Fee: $6000.00
Employer: East Coast Music Association Inc.
The East Coast Music Association is currently seeking an event Marketing and Ad Sales Coordinator for East Coast Music Week 2016 located in Sydney, Nova Scotia - April 13 – 17. The successful candidate will be based in Sydney and will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager. Together they will develop and implement a comprehensive Marketing strategy for the event, and develop strategies to meet advertising sales targets.
Under the direct supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager (Halifax) this Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating a variety of Marketing and Sales duties.
- Prospect and sell ECMW Event Guide and digital advertising, meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Prospect ECMW delegate bag insert items, awards winner gift bag items and other promotional opportunities including product placement and additional activation, working in conjunction with the Marketing and Sponsorship teams
- Coordinate on-the-ground and guerilla Marketing initiatives in the Sydney market, including facilitating partnerships with local businesses. Work with Sydney Waterfront District to get local businesses to participate in the 2016 storefront pageantry contest
- Assist in the development of the social media strategy and lead the Event social media volunteer team
- Manage invite lists for key events, including press conferences and ECMW special events
- Prepare staffing/volunteer requirements to complement the signage, postering, event guide distribution and pageantry plans
- Assist in marketing and communications tasks as needed
- Degree in a Marketing related field is an asset
- Ad sales experience
- Strong computer skills (including Google Apps)
- Strong communication skills
- Social media skills
- Experience writing and editing content
- Experience in purchasing advertising and merchandise
- Project management experience an asset
- Budget management skills
- Experience with other cultural events an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Applicants must be able to work from home
- This position is located in Sydney, and ECMA office is located in Halifax, therefore the individual must be self-directed
- Must have reliable transportation to attend various meetings throughout Sydney, NS
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, particularly during the East Coast Music Week event (April 13-17, 2016)
Interested individuals can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by 5:00pm AST, January 4, 2016. Only individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.