Submissions for Awards and Showcasing at the 2020 East Coast Music Awards: Festival & Conference in St. John’s, NL April 29-May 3 will open September 4, 2019.
Why Submit to 2020 ECMAs?
- ECMAs is a well-known and reputable brand internationally; performing at ECMAs & receiving an East Coast Music Award nomination is a prestigious accomplishment.
- Display your music/brand in front of over 150 domestic & international buyers attending our conference and showcases.
- Grow your fan base from the thousands of east coast music lovers in attendance.
Eligibility Periods for Submissions:
Music Awards: June 1, 2018 - October 4, 2019
Showcasing: June 1, 2017 - May 3, 2020
- Each Award / Showcase category is $30 CAD to apply.
- Applicants applying BEFORE September 20, 2019 will receive 1 free category submission. Each additional category is $30 CAD.
- Applicants who apply AFTER September 20, 2019 11:59 PM ADT will not receive the free category submission perk.
- All Music Industry Awards, Indigenous Artist of the Year, and The Bucky Adams Memorial Award categories are FREE to submit to for 2020!
If you have any questions about your submission, please contact Tara MacDonald, Artist & Industry Manager at email@example.com.
About the Jury Process:
All East Coast Music Awards & Showcases are fully juried by 200+ jury members consisting of qualified regional, national, and international industry professionals. The Jury evaluates the applications and score them accordingly, based on a set criteria / rubric. After being juried, the nominees are chosen based on the 5 highest-scoring submissions per category.
Although most categories have specific criteria, keep in mind the following when filling our your application:
- Artistic Merit / Presentation
- Quality of Recording, Music & Lyrics
- Media, Marketing, and Touring Highlights
- Tour History
- Social Media Presence
- Awards & Accomplishments
Specific Music, Industry & Honorary Awards and Showcase criteria will be released before September 4, 2019 - please be ready to review them once published.
What is Export-Ready?
An East Coast artist who has:
i. At least one (1) sound recording of any format (physical or digital) of a minimum 6 tracks in length/20 mins. long that has been made commercially available to the general public in Canada; and
ii. At least one (1) sound recording of any format or duration that has been made commercially available to the general public outside of Canada, or will be made commercially available to the general public outside of Canada within twelve months of the export showcase; or has a tour or showcase in the territory of export upcoming within twelve months of the export showcase; and
iii. A professional support team including at least one (1) of the following: artist manager, record label, booking agent, publicist, publisher; and
iv. Public and industry recognition (via radio play, video play, web hits and streams, music press,blogs, awards, etc.)