New Brunswick’s Festival Place, Market Square, is proud to be home of ECMA 2017, being hosted in Saint John, April 26-30, 2017.
Gearing up for the week of east coast music - its return to the city for the first time since 2002 - the Boardwalk will host a weekly ECMA Mondays event, welcoming members of East Coast Music Association to perform each week at 8pm throughout the summer.
“The roster features two acts from each east coast province, and rounds out the schedule with a concentration on showcasing local New Brunswick professional ECMA musicians,” explains Stephany Peterson, Arts+Culture Director with The Hardman Group Limited, Market Square.
The ECMA Mondays summer lineup is as follows:
- June 27 - Chris Kirby (NL) *Artist in Residence for Taste of the Boardwalk/Canada Day Week Celebrations
- July 4 - John Gracie (NS)
- July 11 - Dylan Menzie (PEI)
- July 18 - Brian Baker (NB)
- July 25 - The Ennis Sisters (NL)
- August 1 - Andy Brown (NB) *performances afternoon/evening for NB Day
- August 1 - Earthbound Trio (NB) *performances afternoon/evening for NB Day
- August 8 - Sleepy Driver (NB)
- August 15 - Willie Stratton (NS)
- August 22 - Rachel Beck & Bennett Buell of The Beck Sisters (PEI)
- August 29 - Shaun Leblanc (NB)
Andy McLean, ECMA Executive Director, “We are so pleased to welcome this partnership with Market Square. The lineup runs the gamut of musical genres, delivering a well-curated and balanced display of the best of today’s award-winning east coast music members. A great start on the road to ECMA 2017!”
Operating under the seasonal hashtag #hottownsummerinthecity2016, Market Square is featuring one of its most comprehensive rosters to date. ECMA Mondays is one of the seven days a week of programming running all summer on the Boardwalk.
For full lineup and roster, visit www.marketsquaresj.com.
ECMA 2017 is being hosted April 26-30, 2017. The five-day international gathering features industry conferences, music showcases, and an awards ceremony that garners millions in economic spin offs for its host city. More information can be found at www.ecma.com.
Market Square is renowned as New Brunswick’s Festival Place, and is owned and operated by The Hardman Group Limited. The complex is a blend of services across a variety of industries. Its crown jewel is the Boardwalk, featuring over a hundred festivals and events on the historic waterfront, all provided free of charge with support from its owners, tenants, and community partners.
Arts+Culture Director, Market Square